Since our last update, there have been a number of developments which have occurred in relation to the support available for businesses during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic:
- The Coronvirus Job Retention Scheme has recently been extended to 30 September 2021 and the level of grant available to employers under the scheme will stay the same until 30 June 2021. After this date, the level of grant available will be reduced and employers will be asked to contribute to the cost of furloughed employees wages. For more information on how this will be reduced CLICK HERE.
- The fourth grant for the SEISS is now live for those individuals who meet the conditions. However, the opening date for applications is subject to each individual’s personal claim date.
- A fifth grant has also been announced which will cover the period May to September 2021. Applications for the claim will open from late July 2021.
- The amount from the fifth grant will be determined by how much your turnover has reduced by in the year April 2020 to April 2021.
- Further details will be provided on the fifth grant in due course.
- The Recovery Loan Scheme and VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme have been introduced to assist businesses with funding issues.
- There are also a number of grants packages which were announced by the Finance Minister Conor Murphy to support businesses across Northern Ireland which have been detailed in the summary below.
Please CLICK HERE for a summary of the schemes currently available (or due to become available), the specified deadline and a link which provides access to further information on each scheme.
Please note the upcoming deadlines for applications for a number of the schemes, in particular the Large Net Asset Value Business Grant which closes at 11.59pm on 5 May 2021.
Finally, please note that each scheme is subject to its own eligibility criteria and deadline. Therefore, we would highly recommend that you take the time to review these in advance of making any applications.
We hope this is of some help to you. If you have any queries or require any assistance during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02841764540 or forward an email to ku.oc.nniuqydrupnull@eciffo.